A Anesthesia/Pharmacy Technician is that individual who, under the supervision of the OR Clinical Coordinator and in conjunction with the Lead Pharmacy Technician and/or Licensed Pharmacist, assists in the various activities of the OR and pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Changes anesthesia circuits, suction tubing, and canisters between cases.
· Cleans anesthesia machines and keeps them properly stocked.
· Cleans and stocks all anesthesia equipment carts.
· Moves special monitoring equipment to the necessary operating rooms as needed.
· Maintains infusion pumps.
· Learns to set up equipment for special cases (K-thermia, Bain Circuit, etc.).
· Knows when to seek assistance.
· Checks holding area to restock cart. Assures that hangers are full with IV bags and lines.
· Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, supports the mission of the hospital.
· Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
· Assists in inventory maintenance and control.
· Assists department in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
· Demonstrates teamwork to maximize operational efficiencies.
· Accurately and timely repackages medications for bar-code technology.
· Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper, ethics, attendance and punctuality, and customer focus.
· Assists in the processing of medications/requisitions to customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
· Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
· Participates in the performance improvement process.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00448-37615&lang=en
• Post ID: 29335943 dc