What you’ll be doing...
The Operations Manager will be responsible for Capacity Management as follows:
- Process and evaluate information contained within a variety of management systems/tools to develop and administer region-wide capacity management strategies for dispatch interval efficiency.
- Implement solutions to ensure our workforce capacity matches the evolving demands of our customer needs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Create and present performance results, capacity plans, and workforce/workload reports to all internal stakeholders.
- Identify and work with the appropriate stakeholders to resolve issues and to eliminate performance roadblocks.
- Develop and maintain the short, medium, and long-term forecasts for workforce utilization and performance.
- Identify, highlight, and correct potential capacity issues before they impact live service delivery.
- Influence and develop productive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Participate in continuous improvement and business transformation activities.
- Flexible with full-time schedule, including evenings, weekends, and being on-call.
- Able to locally commute and attend off-site partnership/stakeholder meetings when needed. (An average of 15% per month).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Operations Experience – Field or Center.
- Knowledge of COA, WFA, Workbench National, IVAPP, VRepair, Local Manager Central, Power Coach.
Even better if you have:
- A degree
- Written and oral communication skills who can traverse multiple levels of management and be able to work well with various groups (National Staff, IT, Sales, Dispatch, Field, CO).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, functions) performing data/statistical analysis and visualization, (SQL a plus).
- Finance/Budget experience.
- Organizational and time-management skills, self-starter, professionally driven, ability to meet deadlines, and comfortable working in fast-paced, dynamic settings.
- Experience collecting and consolidating information from multiple tools, systems or platforms into a single database or data repository.
- Experience building, configuring and designing reports utilizing data retrieved from our supporting systems and metrics.
- Experience with VZOT, NORM, COGNOS, SABIT, and DTi.
- Knowledge of CWA collective bargaining agreements and labor relations.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2505711-operations-supervisor
• Post ID: 46619022 dc