Engineering, Manufacturing and Sciences (EM&S) is seeking a Manager to oversee the engineering aspects (i.e., successful engineering execution) of multiple programs, captures and IR&D projects in the Air Command and Control
(Air C2) Operating Unit in the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division. This candidate will act as the primary interface between the functional engineering organization and the Air C2 business area. This candidate will be
responsible for identifying/evaluating program staffing and technology requirements and ensuring that those requirements are communicated to the functional homerooms.
Additionally, this candidate will monitor and support project execution, ensure process compliance, and identify and lead resolution of program risks/issues. This employee will act as the business area engineering technical focal point for all
program phases; from strategic capture initiatives, including creation of win strategies and proposal development to program execution of development, production and post-production phases.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Maintain ongoing, regular communications with OU Director, OU Operations Manager, and other key members of the OU staff
- Communicate EM&S status, initiatives, events and other pertinent information at recurring OU staff meetings
- Communicate with appropriate timeliness up and down Business Facing chain and with OU staff
- Provide assistance and oversight to Engineering Managers to identify engineering risks and opportunities early, to help resolve issues, and to assist with developing and monitoring Return-To-Green plans for Yellow/Red engineering issues reported in IPRS
- Provide an independent review of engineering activities, risks, opportunities, and adherence to Engineering policy and standards at OU program management reviews (PMRs), IR&D reviews, capture gate reviews, Business Development
pipeline reviews, etc.
- Review OU proposals and ROMs
- Perform as functional manager of Engineering Managers for Air C2 OU projects
- Establish goals and meet regularly to review performance against goals
- Identify current competency level, develop growth plan, and monitor plan progress
- Approve time cards, travel expense reports, etc.
In fulfillment of these responsibilities, this Manager will lead a team of Engineering Managers in multiple EM&S regions.
This Manager will assign/deploy Engineering Managers to meet program needs, including hiring / recruiting additional Engineering Managers as necessary, and will be responsible for their mentoring, growth and development.
The preferred location is McLean, VA, but candidates in Redondo Beach, CA, Huntsville, AL, and Hollywood, MD, will be considered. Relocation assistance may be available.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17015732&lang=en
• Post ID: 32853888 dc