Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $590.50 - $1443.50
Performs troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance of Verizon vehicles, and mobile tools and equipment. Areas of required knowledge include, but are not limited to:
- Diesel and Gasoline engines
- Brake systems
- Fuel systems
- Ignition and electrical systems
- Exhaust systems
- Suspension systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Electronic control modules (ECM) for engine and body computers
Troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance is performed on all types of vehicles including cars, vans, trucks, and a variety of mobile tools and construction equipment. Must be able to: follow diagnostic trouble charts, hydraulic schematics, use standard automotive tools, electronic diagnostic equipment, hydraulic pressure gauges, and flow meters. Uses various cutting and welding equipment. As part of the Fleet maintenance program inputting data into Fleet tracking software is critical. All technicians must utilize a computer to input work orders, time and related computer tasks.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining all company vehicles and equipment on vehicles of varying gross weights.
- Performing work associated with troubleshooting, diagnostics, maintenance, mechanical adjustments, parts replacement, and repair of all types of motor vehicles and special equipment and components, for example: hydraulic systems including aerial lifts and platforms, diggers, derricks, trailers, winches, hydraulic control valves (manual and electronic), hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors, automatic and manual transmissions, brake systems, ignition and fuel systems, steering, powertrain systems and running gear, tires, electrical systems, batteries, starters, generators, alternators, chassis lubrication and repair, electronic engine emission control systems and repairs and maintains other related components as required.
- Must use sophisticated computerized test equipment and hydraulic test equipment to diagnose vehicle problems as well as read and follow diagnostic procedures.
- Interfacing with vehicle users regarding assignments, repairs, etc.
- Utilizing Fleet tracking software to determine work assignments, record keeping, time reporting, parts inventory, etc.
- Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Follows established safety practices and procedures using standard automotive tools and written material to accomplish the job.
- Perform Occupational Safety/Health Administration (OSHA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and Emission and State Inspections on Company vehicles.
- Must perform maintenance required on Verizon vehicles, equipment and chassis mounted equipment to maintain all required compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks required by the Company.
- Tests - Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet safety-related requirements including but not limited to those standards of safety imposed by OSHA, state agencies, manufacturers and/or the Company.
- Possess and maintain a valid/current state driver’s license and a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a satisfactory driving record, and meet applicable Federal and State standards for operating the various vehicles. Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical to qualify for CDL, and any applicable drug and alcohol testing. The applicant will receive related Company provided DOT training. Upon completion of DOT training, the applicant must qualify on DOT’s Commercial Driver's License written and skills qualifications tests to retain the job.
- Must be able to drive all types of Company vehicles; automatic or manual transmission, and operate associated special equipment.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying and maneuvering heavy equipment up to 75 lbs.
- Must obtain and maintain any and all required certificates, licenses by state or federal requirement or obtain them within six months of date of hire in order to be retained in the job. The following is not an all-inclusive list but is an example of the required certificates and licenses:
- Certificate or license for State Inspection
- DOT Inspection and Emissions testing or inspection
- Certificate for Air Brakes Inspection
- Certificate for handling automotive refrigerant for example: Mobile-Air Conditioning Society (MACS) with an assigned (EPA) number
- Security background investigation may be required.
- Must have at least five or more years’ experience as a mechanic or in another closely related field.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate.
- Must be able to work/drive in adverse weather conditions.
Work tours may vary but typically include Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM with weekends, on call duty and overtime as needed by the business.
Automotive Maintenance Test
Automotive Maintenance SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2385305-automotive-equipment-technician
• Post ID: 43121522 dc