Responsible for handling, preparing, and servicing food in accordance with high quality food preparation, sanitation, and safety standards. Meet demands of meal quantities and schedules. Use standardized recipes to ensure consistent quality and to avoid food waste. Maintain work areas and equipment in clean, sanitary, and safe conditions. Label and store all meat and leftovers appropriately. · Prepare attractive, nutritious and good-tasting food.
· Prepare food for patients and cafeteria according to production sheets and menu requirements.
· Cook a variety of foods following standardized recipes and methods of preparation.
· Prepare cold foods as assigned.
· Schedule food preparation so there is no loss of nutrition, quality, appearance, or temperature due to holding time.
· Demonstrate working knowledge of modified diet restrictions.
· Prepare food for meals on time.
· Assemble serving utensils before serving time.
· Serve food according to portion standards.
· Garnish food attractively and appropriately.
· Keep food at a safe temperature - above 140 degrees and below 40 degrees as appropriate.
· Keep work area clean, sanitary, and in good order
· Keep equipment clean and sanitary.
· Receive, label, and store all meats appropriately.
· Cover, label and properly store all leftovers.
· Follow work routine and schedule closely.
· Check menus and make advance preparations as required.
· Practice sanitary food handling techniques.
· Wear clean, proper uniform at all times.
· Practice good personal hygiene.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08409-12740&lang=en