What you’ll be doing...
In this position, the attorney will provide legal advice and counsel on a wide range of copyright and trademark matters covering clearance, portfolio management, enforcement, licensing, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) compliance and domain name support to internal business clients while working in a team environment with other copyright and trademark professionals. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing and filing copyright certificate of registration applications
- Performing and responding to DMCA notices
- Conducting trademark clearance searches and providing assessment on risk level
- Preparing and filing trademark applications, prosecuting trademark applications, handling trademark oppositions and cancellations, and maintaining trademark registrations
- Reviewing and drafting copyright and trademark agreements
- Analyzing potential infringement situations and assisting with enforcement in-house, including UDRP proceedings, C&D letters, oppositions, cancellations, settlements, and litigations
- Creating educational training programs for copyrights, trademarks and domain names
- Creating and maintaining templates and processes that are effective and efficient
- Developing initiatives for the reduction, control and budgeting of outside counsel costs
- Providing metrics to management
- Other duties as assigned by head of department
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in copyrights, trademarks and domain names.
- Active member of a state bar.
- Experience in Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) compliance, counseling and litigation.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with a team as well as independently.
- Detail oriented and a self-starter with the ability to provide proactive, accurate and effective legal support, to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment with competing priorities, at all times in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to provide sound and practical legal advice, with proven success and experience with balancing legal risk with business objectives.
- Excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6919846-staff-counsel
• Post ID: 32740518 dc