What you’ll be doing...
This position has direct responsibility for the performance of all Verizon Wireless government contracts that impacts the ability of Verizon Wirelesseffectively meeting revenue objectives, sales, plans, and audit requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the Federal contract/proposal process as per guidelines and procedures developed, maintained and taught by the Federal Contracts and Proposals department
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on various contractual/proposal opportunities to facilitate processing and approval and to ensure accurate and timely deliverables
- Analyze customer proposal requirements and prepare time-sensitive responses by prescribed customer deadline
- Prepare correspondence per customer request based on initial review of request, strategy development, and coordination with internal teams
- Obtain bid bonds and insurance certificates, as applicable
- Assist in the discussion and modification of standard terms and conditions for federal contracts
- Facilitate the overall communication process when revisions to existing or negotiated contracts become necessary
- Maintain contract/proposal tracking, filing, reporting, copying, and shipping
- Input information into the contract/proposal database, keeping current with new contracts that are processed and/or executed
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in the telecommunication industry, wireless preferred
- 3+ years of proposal writing experience
- Federal government contracting experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous interaction with field sales organizations
Even better if you have:
- Notary Public license
- Contract negotiation experience
- Prior legal experience
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2354011-proposal-writer
• Post ID: 44744597 dc