What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Engineer - Territory System Performance is accountable for working with the South regions to improve territory/regional/market performance. This will be accomplished by sharing best practices among the regions for market and Venue performance and reliability, as well as leading performance improvement trials and analyzing trends to obtain specific recommendations.
***May work from most South Territory offices*****
- Monitoring Territory, Regional, and LTE Market reliability and capacity KPIs, as well as venue and competitive performance. Identifying areas of opportunity for performance improvement and collaborating with regional engineers to create and implement performance improvement plans.
- Tests and Trials - Initiate, oversee, and analyze trials within the South Territory aimed at improving capacity and/or performance.
- Best Practices - Facilitating the sharing and adopting of best practices across Regional boundaries (i.e. Wiki page, WebLibrary, local meetings, presentations), including performing Workflow training sessions throughout the South.
- Automation/Standardization - Creating tools to automate and standardize KPI data.
- Partner with other Areas’ Performance teams to share best practices and tools and avoid duplicating efforts.
- Serve as a tech liaison to HQ Planning, expressing the specific needs of the South Area regarding hardware, software, and tool development.
- Interface with vendors, HQ, and Regions to ensure that our Regions are clear about our upcoming technology path and that the vendors are clear about upcoming needs.
- Work with NSS to ensure Territory’s development needs are addressed in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Monitor FOA results and share lessons learned with HQ and Regional teams.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Master degree a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in System Performance, preferablywith ALU/Nokia eNBs.
- Experience in RF Design is a plus.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge of the wireless network.
- Experience with analyzing Root and Nielsen data, relating to network measurements, and working to improve our competitive position within markets.
- Experience in performance optimization for CDMA, EVDO, and LTE wireless network architectures, KPIs, and parameters.
- Deep understanding of stadium and in-building design considerations and performance challenges, and related optimization techniques.
- Expert level understanding of LTE, EVDO, CDMA2000-1X RAN network.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills, including public speaking.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience and deep understanding redesigning and optimizing mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve overall reliability and performance.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Windcatcher, Real Time Tool, Chicago Web Page, Zite/SSAT, Alerts, Neighbor List Tool, Autotest, Agilent Tool, Dashboard, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, MapInfo, GeoPlan, Irisview, and Atoll.
- Commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions.
- Project management experience with attention to detail.
- Highly Motivated//Self Starter.
- Overnight travel may be required (<=25%).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7047146-principal-planning-engineer
• Post ID: 32740623 dc