Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:07 AM
Company Name:Bialek's Music
Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, 401K, Dental
Employment Type Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“Lots of room for financial growth and music and events on the job training.”
Leading Washington, DC based Talent Agency needs detailed, accurate, fast working, excellent with people team-player. Experience in the talent industry preferred.
Job Type: Full-time. Job Location: Rockville, MD. Required education: Bachelor’s Preferred but Not Required. Required experience: Booking / Sales: 2 years. Required language: English. Job Type: Full-time. Salary: Negotiable.
Who are we?
Bialek’s Music has been the life of the party for over 40 years in the Washington Metropolitan area. From Bands to DJ’s to Soloists to Ensembles, we’ve got the talent to make the event the talk of the town. We book over 5000 shows a year for more than 1,000 artists. For more information, visit https://bialeksmusic.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Bialek’s Music, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
• Must possess strong relationships skills in regards to communication with Agents, Managers and Clients and have some knowledge of the music industry and performance etiquette.
• Excel at developing new relationships with Artists, Agents and Managers.
• Must maintain an intimate knowledge all genres of music including, but not limited to, dance, mainstream contemporary, classical, pop, bluegrass, rock and jazz.
• Responsible for many aspects of booking talent.
• Must be able to work in tandem with other agents.
• Responsible for contract preparation and amendments as necessary.
• Responsible for show settlement and front of house as needed.
• Participate in weekly booking meetings and conference calls to communicate progress and concerns.
• This position will work closely with Marketing, Production and Venue Management.
• Grow relationships and execute deals with local third-party promoters
• Attending industry conferences and networking events.
• Must have sales experience and must be self-driven, a creative problem solver and organized.
• Verbal and written proficiency in English a must.
• Knowledge of the performing arts, popular music, adult contemporary and the music industry.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team player.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work activity (in a fast-paced environment).
• Must be self-sufficient, able to multi-task, and handle projects independently.
• Adaptable to changes in the workplace.
• Ability to adjust schedule and be flexible (e.g., arrive early or stay late when requested).
• Ability to be present in the office m-f 9:30am-4:30pm.
• Must be a go-getter and reliable.
• People person a must.
• Responsible for creating offers on behalf of Bialeks and presenting them to Artists.
• Must be innovative, forward thinking and resourceful
• Must be a multitasker who is able to prioritize
• Must be able to work collaboratively with booking team and take direction when appropriate
• Must have experience in the live music industry, bringing strong relationships with agents and artist managers to the table
• Must be well-versed in all genres of music and be a self-starter
• Must be fluent in MS Office Suite (Including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) and possibly experience with the Filemaker Program.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply by emailing ROBIN at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office at 301.340.6206 to join the Bialek’s Music team today! Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bialek’s Music strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Bialek’s Music recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Bialek’s Music may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Company address: 932 Hungerford Drive #3 • Rockville, Maryland 20850
• Location: District Of Columbia, Rockville, MD
• Post ID: 44136512 dc