What you’ll be doing...
Verizon operates fios TV, one of the largest cable operators in the U.S., and digital video properties such as go90. The company seeks a forward-thinking Staff Counsel for its Business & Legal Affairs team that is responsible for all aspects of content acquisition and strategy for its linear and digital video products. In addition to content acquisition, the successful candidate will play an important role in the management of the video businesses and will advise the company’s employees on programming-related matters involving legal issues, as well as finance, strategy, media relations, public policy and operations concerns. The ability to manage multiple fast-moving deals in a dynamic setting and to operate in a cross-functional environment is critical, as is the ability to develop key relationships and maintain a visible presence within the company and the larger video industry.
- Draft and negotiate content licensing, cable affiliation, and retransmission consent agreements with major media companies and other content owners for broadcast, linear, VOD, interactive, TV Everywhere and mobile video distribution rights
- Draft and negotiate original production deals with multichannel networks and content creators for online distribution
- Draft and negotiate agreements in connection with the deployment of new media technologies and other advanced television and broadband services
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of Verizon’s programming agreements
- Provide contract-related support and counsel to the Verizon’s content acquisition and strategy teams
- Negotiate music public performance licenses with performing rights organizations for Verizon’s video businesses
What we’re looking for...
- Law degree
- Excellent academic performance in law school
- Member of a state bar
- 10+ years of experience as a practicing corporate/transactional attorney at a nationally-recognized law firm or in-house at a major corporation with solid drafting and negotiating skills
- Experience in the cable/broadcast television, entertainment or digital media industries, as well as experience licensing content, is strongly preferred
- Established relationships with business and legal executives at major content providers is a plus
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6952744-asst-genl-counsel
• Post ID: 32740578 dc