Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is seeking an experienced Surgical Technician who is ready to apply their skills to our family! Apply today for immediate consideration!
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, making it a very reputable and secure organization to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other certifications and achievements, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and holds a Gold Seal of Approval in stroke, spinal fusion, induction of labor, prematurity, perinatal care, sepsis. Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a Level II Trauma center and considered a top performer by the Joint Commission in areas including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgery.
In addition to general surgery, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital offers robotics and advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive technologies for a wide range of surgical procedures, including:
Heart and vascular, neurological and gynecological conditions, bariatric (weight loss), plastic and reconstructive, and transplants.
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN CHALLENGES AND TASKS
*1. Scrubs cases as it relates to unit scope of care.
*2. Acts as a second Circulator in cases as it relates to unit scope of care.
*3. Exercises sound judgment and decision-making skills on behalf of patient, self, and peers.
*4. Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and/or professional growth.
*5. Communicates effectively with staffs, peers, physicians, and other departments.
*6. Organizes work to complete duties efficiently and effectively.
7. Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
8. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, supports the mission of the hospital.
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Additional Information about our Operating Room:
- 19 ORS - 6 GYN and PEDS ORs and 13 General ORs
- Ortho service line with 24/7 staffing
- Approximately 40 surgeries per day
- ~60-80 OR staff per shift
- Experienced and supportive team who work efficiently with each other to ensure high patient satisfaction
- Leadership who encourages and supports individual growth and development
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00448-37729&lang=en