Registered Nurse -Ambulatory Procedure Department, Electroconvulsive Therapy - HCA (Falls Church,
Provide both direct and indirect nursing care to patients in the Medical Services department.
Specific Job Functions :
• Assist with ECT care of patient according to established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively work with all patient populations served in ECT.
• Maintain ECT equipment and treatment areas in safe and hygienic order.
• Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents. Charts patient information according to hospital standard.
• Takes vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
• Administers I.V. therapy safely and accurately as appropriate.
• Consistently maintains the proper milieu of the ECT department through interventions, as appropriate.
• Complies with and is knowledgeable of hospital and department safety procedures.
• Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively work with all patient populations served-child, adolescent, adult, geriatric.
• Demonstrates, on a consistent basis, compliance with all legal, professional, ethical and safety requirements.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08409-13450&lang=en
• Post ID: 31254003 dc