For the seventh consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals on Computerworld’s 2014 "Best Places to Work in Information Technology" list of 100 companies.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
The Division Clinical Specialist serves as the primary clinical IT&S resource for the development, implementation, and support of advanced clinical applications or complex MEDITECH tools across the division. Primary responsibilities include the 1) implementation and support of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to advanced clinical applications and tools in their specialty area(s), 2) development, execution, and support of division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives, 3) facilitation and project leadership of division-wide implementations of division or enterprise applications, and 4) resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources. The Division Clinical Specialist coordinates division-wide parameter management, develops education/training materials for new applications, manages validation of system upgrades' impact on advanced applications, and implements software releases and best practices related to their specialty area(s). This individual participates in the company-wide community in their specialty area(s), supports community growth within the division by establishing and growing strong relationships with facility Senior Clinical Analysts and core team members, and works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to ensure advanced clinical applications are well supported throughout the division.
- Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to identify and promote division goals.
- Coordinates the implementation of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities in the specialty area(s).
- Develop, execute, and support division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives.
- Provides user support and system maintenance for advanced clinical applications for all division hospitals.
- Conducts problem analyses and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources regarding advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Participates in root cause analysis as trends in issues in specialty area(s) are identified.
- Works with facility Senior Clinical Analysts and Division Clinical Specialist Team to provide support for module updates and advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
- Coordinates division-wide testing for advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s); assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting.
- Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in clinical application specialty area(s) to support staff training and continued education.
- Provides training to division specialists and facility clinical analysts and super users (train the trainer) on advanced clinical applications.
- Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to define clinical application reporting standards and works with facilities to implement the standards.
- Performs clinical applications report writing as needed and coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the Division Reporting Analyst and the Division Clinical Specialist Team.
- Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices.
- Aggregates data from division-level reports.
- Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging and promoting cross-division best practice efforts.
- Identifies, evaluates, designs, and packages division best practices, policies and procedures for clinical application implementation and use.
- Works with facilities to manage/facilitate implementation of standards, best practices, policies, procedures, and utilization plans within a specialty area.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Builds the division community in clinical application specialty area(s) by establishing and growing strong relationships with super users, core team members, facility clinical analysts, and specialty networks across HCA.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=25475-10661&lang=en
• Post ID: 27195249 dc