Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:04 AM
The Hub will be a world-class digital and social media firm and client-partner network that will package and disseminate important ideas and content to target audiences with tailored messaging that speaks to each group. It will bind an array of pro-Israel organizations into a true community—a network that will function cooperatively to achieve common goals: changing attitudes of target audiences, and influence policy, outcomes, and behaviors. The Hub is seeking a dynamic Managing Director to lead the creation and implementation of this bold vision.
Description & Reporting
• Lead and manage day-to-day operations of a new groundbreaking digital media service staff and client/partner network.
• Establish a fully functioning team, servicing partner/clients.
• Lead ground-floor effort to build new social media PR firm for the pro-Israel community.
• Provide management, creative, and strategic direction for The Hub and ensure its smooth operation on a day-to-day basis.
• The Managing Director will oversee content creation and supervise a large team comprising a chief creative officer, ca client relations director, social media managers, graphic designers, video editors and videographers, and copy editors.
• He/she will lead the team that creates compelling short videos, podcasts, petition drives, social graphics & memes, and microsites. We will add to this staff as we move beyond our initial stage.
• Lead recruitment and hiring process, including, but not limited to: research, technical, creative, and partnership staff.
• Establish network partnership to be serviced in initial and subsequent stages of the Hub.
• Evaluate the partners’ needs to use the firm’s resources to their highest utility.
• Work with Chairman and Board and leadership to create the vision and implement strategies & campaigns to achieve that vision; help establish and communicate the long term direction of the Hub and achieve goals, objectives and tasks are aligned and adjusted in anticipation and in response to outside forces and internal changes that impact achievement of the Hub’s vision and strategies.
• Build consensus throughout the partnership network and gain commitment behind the vision and direction.
• The Managing Director ensures alignment of people; that partners’ have input, are heard and that opinions are considered through strong communication and effective listening skills and through effective mentoring.
• Is accountable for effecting change and execution of the Hub’s strategies through the activities and priorities it’s creative, partnership and other staff.
• Leads the team day-to-day, holds people accountable and works with them to ensure they are maximizing their potential and are doing the right things to create impact and success.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
At least 5-7 years of experience as a manager, and at least 5 years of experience as a senior executive at an advertising, digital strategy, or public relations firm.
At least 3-5 years of experience, professional or personal, in issue-related, tech, or political field.
Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to think outside-the-box and creatively to create a network, launch a network, and build a network.
Strong ability to synthesize information & research into tailored persuasion messaging.
Ability to think creatively and across silos and lead teams of diverse skills
Deep familiarity with cutting edge digital tools, strategy and analytics.
Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations, re-align priorities, and handle the inevitable speed-bumps and adversity that accompanies starting any new venture.
Hungry and able to influence real policy on a broad scale.
Educational Degree(s), Professional Degree(s), Appointments
BA required, MA or MBA strongly preferred
• Significant experience in working with pro-Israel and Jewish groups, with a keen understanding about how each group works.
• Experience working in a start-up.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: District Of Columbia, Washington, DC
• Post ID: 32784398 dc