Design is a life love, not just a job. It is in fact a physical manifestation of our brands. Candidates should have great creative vision and be a strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other disciplines and external owners/project managers.
On a project / tactical level, the successful candidate for this position provides design quality assurance and design management services and manages all aspects of franchised, managed, or corporate projects for new construction, conversion, or adaptive re-use, inspiring internal and external stakeholders to create design solutions that thrill guests and align with brand strategy. The atmosphere is collaborative, creative, demanding and fun with opportunities for growth within the company. This is your unique opportunity to make your mark and position yourself on the leading edge of hospitality branding.
- May manage design staff.
- May function as project manager, guiding work of team, or manage a program.
- Serves as content leader on project.
- Participates in establishing direction of brand design.
- Selects and manages interior design consultants.
- Develops and maintains liaison with all appropriate divisions, departments and owners.
- Responsible for interior design project budget and coordinating staff requirement with other business groups.
- Provides project updates using tools to track and report status.
- Presents and sells design to senior level executives and owners.
- Reviews and/or develops interior design concepts.
- May provide field input to product development group.
- May manage project workload in support of brand or business unit growth goals.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships
- Customer service focus
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Strong project management skills.
- Presentation skills
- Sales orientation
- Understands architecture documents and contract documents
- Knowledge of FF&E specification software
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe)
- 50% travel
- Position is based in Miami, Florida.
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred, or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 6 years experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
- NCIDQ certificate preferred.
- Entry point into management.
- Bi-literate in Spanish and Portuguese.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001DZR&lang=en
• Post ID: 43361742 dc