Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 10:52 PM
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Director, Global Operations, Design & Development - Lifestyle, is a key member of the Global Operations Lifestyle Segment Team, which defines and develops operational platforms for Marriott International’s portfolio of Lifestyle Brands. This portfolio has 12 leading brands stretching across all tiers and over 1,100 hotels, with a further 500 expected to open by the end of 2018. It is, by far, the largest and most compelling portfolio of lifestyle brands in the industry and a major priority for the company.
The Director leverages their operational experience at a Lifestyle Brand and their passion for designing elegant guest experiences to design, develop, deliver and enhance a specific set of products and/or services. This position is accountable for facilitating the process of product development and enhancement by creating new products and services and evolving existing products and services. The role collaborates with cross-functional project teams to design new concepts and refine existing features to continually improve adoption and the overall guest experience. The incumbent should be comfortable participating in all parts of a guest-centered design process (i.e., ideation, proof of concept, build, pilot, and deployment) and also in creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity: from quickly capturing a concept’s value proposition to creating final products and services and documenting operational procedures and specifications.
The Director has expertise in hotel operations across a variety of disciplines within the Lifestyle space.
Key accountabilities include:
bringing a lifestyle perspective to Design & Development projects; partnering with brand, discipline, continent and corporate sponsor to provide innovative solutions to drive the guest experience in support of strategic growth goals; leading collaborative product and service development, design integrity standards, and lessons learned; continually monitoring current business processes, making recommendations and implementing approved changes as required; mentoring design and development team members to facilitate professional growth; review of presentations with key executives.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Industrial Design, or related major plus 4 years’ experience in a single or multiple Operations areas (e.g., Rooms, F&B, Retail, Spa, Fitness, etc) or related professional area;
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Industrial Design, or related major plus 2 years’ experience in a single or multiple Operations areas (e.g., Rooms, F&B, Retail, Spa, Fitness, etc.) or related professional area.
• 8+ years of business management leadership experience
• Experience as part of a team developing unique servide standards
• Experience working at or with a Lifestyle Brand
• Passionate about their craft/area of specialization
• Expertise in the following Operations areas – Rooms, F&B, Retail, Spa, Fitness, etc.
• Business design expertise
Director, Global Operations, Design & Development-Lifestyle
• Insights and co-creation skills
• Marketing and communication skills
• Partnership and negotiation skills
• Facilitation skills
• Tech savvy
• Comfortable working as a collaborator and/or strategic consultant, and able to effectively share point of view and expertise
• Able to envision and create new products and services from scratch and to refresh existing offerings in unique ways
• Equipped with strong presentation, verbal and written skills
• Attention to detail
• Able to influence through articulating concepts clearly and in a compelling way and with solid design skills
• Self-directed toward excellent work outcomes
• Ability to think about challenges from multiple angles to come up with the best design
• Unique drive to continue pushing the product or service forward
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Design & Development
• Works in both small and large multi-disciplinary project teams to build products and service that are beneficial to the company and to guests
• Translates requirements into compelling customer driven and profitable product or service solutions
• Delivers high quality design solutions and tailor global products and services
• Takes a concept from initial idea all the way through to a production ready product or service
• Develops training and communications materials; document soperating procedures and product specifications
• Builds exceptional models, polished visuals, frameworks, storyboards and prototypes as needed to best serve the project
• Is hands on with the project
• Collaborates closely across design and disciplines teams
• Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
• Consistently meets project commitments, dates and deliverables
• Uses systematic processes to solve design challenges
• Understands and navigates technical constraints and opportunities
• Is a thoughtful voice for the guest experience; constantly thinks about new and improved features that will create value
• Is nimble, working to define requirement while simultaneously designing for those requirements
• Gives and takes constructive feedback to improve designs and the development process
• Establishes project milestones and objectives
• Ensures revenue and guest satisfaction goals are met
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
• Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans
Director, Global Operations, Design & Development-Lifestyle
through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
• Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170018YO&lang=en
• Location: Bethesda, District Of Columbia
• Post ID: 45725757 dc