Performs various housekeeping duties in cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining patient rooms, nurses’ stations, medical services areas, conference rooms, kitchens, laundries, lounges, offices, stairwells, linen areas, common areas, elevators, restrooms, classrooms and other assigned areas. Assists Engineering with light maintenance tasks as assigned. Monitors building and grounds for trash and litter and maintains trash disposal areas in an appropriate manner. Specific Job Functions Perform environmental services tasks.
· Maintains assigned rooms/areas using aseptic procedures for cleaning and disinfecting.
· Uses back belts and uses safe lifting techniques at all times.
· Follows infection control procedures at all times using personal protective gear.
· Observes and reports any repairs needed for equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
· Maintains uniforms appropriately and presents a neat and clean appearance.
· Responds positively and promptly to requests and maintains and promotes a team approach to total facility care.
· Maintains confidentiality concerning patients and their behavior as observed in work areas.
· Exhibits understanding of bio-hazardous materials/waste handling and disposal.
· Performs special projects as assigned including light maintenance tasks and monitoring of grounds for debris.
· Displays familiarity with all products and chemicals used to perform housekeeping duties. Uses or operates all equipment in a safe and secure manner and cleans and stores all equipment properly after use.
Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with customers, staff and clinicians as observed by Supervisor. Pitches in to cover shortages within department.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08409-12776&lang=en