About the Job
TITLE: Sr. Network Engineer
LOCATION: Washington, DC
VMD is Woman owned small business that is focused on bringing high quality services to the federal government. We hold ourselves to the highest standards providing cybersecurity, application development, IT consulting, and physical security to over a dozen federal agencies. Our employees are what differentiate us from other government contractors and we are committed to offering a competitive benefits package and a collaborative and engaging workplace that encourages employee growth.
VMD is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the FCC Engineering Enterprise Support contract located in Washington, DC. This person will provide deep design, implementation and configuration expertise associated with the use of software defined networking.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Analyze, design, test, install, documentation, implement and support complex network solutions in on-prem and cloud environments (i.e. AWS and Azure)
- Implementation and support of user-facing VPN systems with multi-factor authentication
- Design, testing, implementation, and supporting an enterprise WAN solution that integrate with 3rd party WAN providers and remote systems
- Demonstrate good judgment, identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Help resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 2-3 capacity
- Work with Security teams early in design phases to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies
- Collaborate with development, operations, and security teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the engineering lifecycle
Must have BS with 5+ years of related experience or MS with 3+ years of related experience.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience in building networks - especially with Cisco technologies
- Experience developing and maintaining software defined networking
- Subject Matter Expert in IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS
- Experience in Network capacity management, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Experience analyzing and recommending contemporary and emerging technologies for deployment across the enterprise including, but not limited to, MPLS WAN in a dual carrier cloud, DMVPN, QoS policies, marking, and policy map
- Experience in “enterprise” level architecting network systems, blue coat & check point, CSP routing
- VOIP familiarity - specifically Cisco Unified Communications framework
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 10 years relevant experience in Networking OR Telephony
- At least one cisco certification: CCNA, CCNP, or similar certs for a Network Engineer
Clearance: Must be US Citizen. Requires ability to pass FCC suitability background check (Public Trust).
E-mail resume to: email@example.com
VMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VMD welcomes Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities (IWD).
VMD Systems Integrators, Inc.
11440 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 400, Reston, VA 20191
Tel: 571/612-2424 Fax: 571/612-2425 www. vmdsystems. com
• Post ID: 44934947 dc