Job Function: Administrative/Management, Scheduler
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Associates Degree
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
An Executive Assistant/Scheduler supports assigned professional staff to help meet the needs of their clients and firm duties. This position requires working hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM, 8:30AM to 5:30PM or 9:00AM to 6:00PM, with occasional late evenings and early mornings. Regular attendance in the office is required as all Executive Assistants are responsible for answering phones and assisting with various other office administrative activities that support the entire office as well as assigned professional staff.
- Meetings: Contacts congressional staff and federal agencies to schedule appointments; provides detailed meeting schedules for clients and staff; arranges catering services and restaurant reservations. Prepares and managers the client schedule, ensuring the lobbyist remains on schedule throughout the day, and attends to the lobbyist’s daily administrative needs.
- Client Materials: Compiles and photocopies material for meetings with members of Congress, their staff, and various federal agencies; prepares and assembles packets.
- Travel Arrangements: Arranges air travel, ground transportation and lodging for assigned professional staff. Submits vouchers for travel and expense reimbursement to accounting department for payment.
- Client Accommodations: Assists visiting clients with arranging ideal hotel accommodations and restaurant reservations, sightseeing tours, and Capitol Hill passes (i.e. White House tickets, Gallery passes).
- Internet Research: Locates articles on clients that are of interest or issue-related.
- Cooperation: Exhibits a “can-do” attitude.
General Office Support
- Document Preparation: Prepares and assembles marketing packets, proposals and RFPs, quarterly LDA filings.
- Proof Materials: Proofreads, reviews and edits materials for accurate use of grammar and content; corrects any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy and checks accuracy of work before distribution.
- Billing: Prepares travel and expense reports; inputs data to billing software.
- Phones and Front Desk: Monitors incoming calls, takes messages, and returns calls for lobbyists and professional staff; arranges conference calls and regularly assists with front desk coverage.
- Team Work: Cooperatively works within the Administrative Team; initiates and provides support to non-assigned staff.
- At least two to three years of Capitol Hill experience or equivalent experience working for C-level;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Detail-oriented person capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously, with the ability to follow through to completion;
- Excellent communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills;
- Team player with a professional demeanor who is highly motivated, self-confident and who exhibits superb judgment and excellent initiative, while exercising discretion;
- Superior interpersonal skills and characteristics such as resourcefulness, tact and flexibility with the ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner;
- Ability to type 60 words per minute;
- Strong organizational and filing skills;
- Ability to perform essential job functions;
- Thorough knowledge of office administration, policies, practice and procedures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Bachelor’s degree an advantage;
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Phone: 202-331-8500 Ext. n/a
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 43845037 dc