Management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the kitchen. Leads staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
• Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Supervising Daily Culinary Team Activities
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Conducts employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Monitors employee's progress towards meeting performance expectations.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Follows specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Places orders for appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories according to budget.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170016AM&lang=en
• Post ID: 42157907 dc