The global distribution landscape in the lodging industry continues to expand and become more complex, and Marriott International recognizes the development and execution of an enhanced future intermediary partner relationship strategy as a key strategic focus. As part of Marriott’s Distribution Strategy team, the Director Distribution, Account Management, North Americas reports to the Sr. Director, Distribution Strategy & Account Management, Americas.
The Distribution team led by the VP, Global Distribution, OTA & Metasearch is in charge for leading Marriott’s approach to channel strategy partnership, account management and commercial relationships as it relates to OTAs as well as Metasearch plays.
The Director, Distribution, Account Management North America has at least one direct report and is responsible for leading the day-to-day relationship with assigned account portfolio including building/maintaining strong trusted relationships as well as holding both, account partners and Marriott accountable for delivering against mutually defined account goals and KPIs.
This position is accountable for assigned task to support Marriott’s Global Distribution Strategy including required internal and external relationship and stakeholder management. The position demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant topics, systems and processes in order to pull through of assigned tasks.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related major.
- 8 years’ experience in positions with focus on strategic account management, sales & marketing and/or revenue management.
- Passion for sales excellence and business development
- Strong account management and influencing skills
- Ability to manage complex account relationships and develop/execute focused account plans
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create a positive team dynamic and manage and motivate a diverse multi-cultural team
- Ability to work well within all levels of the organization, especially internal and external senior management
- Marriott’s Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, MD
Leading the day-to-day relationship with assigned account portfolio
- Builds/maintains strong trusted relationship with assigned account portfolio
- Develops detailed account plans, establishes KPIs and measures success against those KPIs
- Cooperates very closely with Director, Distribution Account Management Europe, Director, Distribution Account Management APAC and Director, Distribution Strategy Execution MEA to establish framework for regional execution of North America based accounts strategy outside of the Americas (Examples: Expedia, Orbitz, Kayak, etc.)
- Takes direction from Director, Distribution Account Management Europe, Director, Distribution Account Management APAC and Director, Distribution Strategy Execution MEA to apply framework for execution of international based accounts strategy in the North America (Examples: Booking.com, Ctrip, Qunar, etc.)
- Establishes metrics with each assigned account to actively enhance the visibility of Marriott hotels to drive desired revenue in alignment with the principles of Marriott’s Global Distribution Strategy
Executing marketing and merchandising opportunities
- Actively seeks and leverages OTA/Metasearch marketing opportunities to increase visibility of Marriott hotels where desirable and in alignment with the principles of Marriott’s Global Distribution Strategy
- Cooperates with Sr. Director, Distribution Strategy, Activation & Special Projects and executes media activities leveraging brand marketing, field and soft funds
Supporting business development and broader distribution strategy
- Provides support to Sr. Director, Distribution Strategy & Account Management, Americas on key account partner negotiations and business development opportunities
- Supports execution of Global Distribution Strategy projects as assigned
Supporting communication and stakeholder management
- Attends business review meetings as appropriate
- Delivers account updates to senior management (HQ and Continents) as needed
- Supports execution of strategic meetings between OTA/Metasearch and Marriott senior executives
- Develops and provides training and educational sessions on distribution as it relates to account specific strategies to Continent teams and hotels as needed
- Cooperates with members of the Sales & Marketing organization, field eCommerce organization as well as GSO where applicable
Cooperating with Distribution Operations team
- Cooperates with Sr. Director Distributions Systems and Operations and/or CTAC teams to establish framework for operational excellence, KPIs and scalable approach for account specific operational execution (Direct Connect, content, images, payments, commission payments etc.)
- Supports projects to enhance existing Direct Connect and/or establish new account specific interfaces as appropriate
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units’ policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of resources.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Acts proactively when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Interviews job candidates and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Observes behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges as outlined in this job description.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses advanced computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word, excel, PowerPoint processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170010FZ&lang=en
• Post ID: 44442907 dc